This week in FoBo: GW students return, Hatchet tries to scare parents; UPD chief reaches out to community; students living in condos? madness!; TBD.com jumps on the “FoBo Metro Stinks!” bandwagon; Rhee rocks.
- It’s welcome week at GW, so the GW Hatchet’s first front page of the season is “Sex Offenders Live, Work in Foggy Bottom.” Way to be guys, way to be. You know there’s an iPhone app for that.
- Hey, Hay! New UPD chief says he’ll reach out to the FoBo community for input. We guess his number one complaint will be “FoBoGro’s sandwiches are causing utter mayhem!” Just kidding! (Not really.)
- Is it better to buy a condo than to pay for a dorm? It’s no secret that GW charges 2x-3x the going rental rates to students. What the Post doesn’t mention is that freshmen and sophomores are required to live in dorms. Gee, I wonder if that rule has anything to do with the inflated dorm pricing?
- TBD.com wants you to report metro problems to their crowdsourced map. They even call out Foggy Bottom for being so notorious. We know TBD, we know.
- GW Hatchet’s suggestion for incoming students to have a good time in DC? Get the hell out of FoBo. WTF HATCHET!? Grass is always greener I suppose…
- For you law students out there: remember that villain that attacked and brutally beat and robbed an 83 year-old woman by the FoBo metro in 2005? He’s been trying to get out of his conviction on a technicality. From what I can tell, this brief shows that he won’t.
- The Smith Center renovations should be done soon!
- A long, but good story about Michelle Rhee’s (successful in our opinion) efforts to improve schooling in DC, including right here in Foggy Bottom at the Francis-Stevens school. Rhee probably has the toughest job in this city.
- Even though Gray is a GW alum, I’m with the majority of Foggy Bottom rooting for Fenty. (See above.)