Tons of music this weekend!
- Tonight and tomorrow night you can enjoy the production of the Chekhov International Theatre Festival’s Twelfth Night. Performed in Russian with English subtitles. [Tickets/Info]
- I know this post is late, but you can still get tickets for the 9:30 KC Jazz Club performance of the Sharel Cassity Quartet with Special Guest, Michael Dease. Cassity is known for her accomplished saxophone solo playing, and Dease joins her on the trombone. [Ticketing]
- Oktoberfest comes to GWU campus! Head to Anniversary Park (the one on F St.) for a celebration of German culture with Program Board, the GW German Club, Tonic, and FoBoGro! Beer for those 21+. [Facebook]
- Arian Band, Iran’s first pop band to feature both male and female performers post-Revolution, is performing in Lisner Auditorium! [Ticketing]
- Dueling pianos at the Kennedy Center for KC Jazz, sort of! Two performances Saturday night feature pianist Geri Allen & the former Musical Director of the Grammy Awards Patrice Rushen on facing Steinway Grand pianos. Terri Lyne Carrington joins them on drums. [Ticketing/Info]
- Bill Cosby is going to making funny at the Kennedy Center. The night’s first show is already sold out. [Ticketing]
- Rumors (1900 M Street NW) restaurant is hosting ‘Band to Band Combat,’ a battle of the bands featuring 4 bands: Lethal Peanut, Modern Thieves, Same Ol’ Sound, and Crooked Crow. The winner gets to perform at this year’s Downtown Countdown New Year’s celebration. 7 pm, $10.
- The Kennedy Center hosts the Korean Broadcasting System’s KBS Symphony Orchestra in concert, performing with the guest soprano Hei-Kyung Hong. The program has pieces from Korean composers, arias by Puccini, and the Symphonie Fantastique of Berlioz. Sounds awesome. [Ticketing/Info]
- Wake up early! There’s a 5K race in Foggy Bottom at 9 am! The Race & Festival for World Peace! Post-race, there’s a world festival! [Website]
- The Washington Concert Opera brings Francesco Cilea’s opera, Adriana Lecouvreur, to Lisner Auditorium. Italian with projected English translations. [Ticketing/Info]