Cupa Mundial Finals, jazz (always), etc.
July 9, 2010
June 25, 2010
Slow weekend, but if you like proms & bikes, then it’s time to dust off your gas mask for this year’s Bike Prom.
June 18, 2010
It’s the weekend, everyone! Whoooo! And it doesn’t even seem to be abysmally hot, so enjoy not sticking to everything for a few days.
August 21, 2009
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday! If you don’t have any plans for your last summer weekend in FoBo before all the GW students arrive, take a look at some of the cooler events we’ve found for the weekend. There’s drinks, music, art, flippin the bird to the Soviets, and sushi served on a naked woman’s body. That’s just how we roll in FoBo.
Read all the deets after the jump!
August 14, 2009
- Starting at 5 pm, Jazz in the Garden in the Smithsonian Sculpture Garden will be hosting Bruno Nasta, a jazz violinist, and the U.S. Army Blues. Bring some food, some wine, some hankering for some big band jazz.
- The FLY Lounge (1802 Jefferson Place, NW) has started a new weekly “pre-flight” happy hour, with drinks starting at $2 at 6 pm and going up one dollar every hour.
- The Fall Kick-Off Party for CHASE Kickball will be at McFadden’s (2401 Pennsylvania Ave.). Starting at 9 pm, $10 gets you keg access all night, and there will be $2 draft and $3 rail drinks in case they suddenly run out of kegs. Expect flip cup, raffle prizes, and free bottle openers.
- Out of FoBo: The Touchstone Gallery (406 7th Street NW, 2nd Floor) is holding a reception for their “My Space on 7th” exhibition. It’s a non-juried showcase of 90 DC-area artists, including some who have definitely lived in FoBo. The reception goes from 6-8:30 pm.
- McFadden’s (2401 Pennsylvania Ave.) is holding and All or Nothing Flip Cup tournament. $125 a team or $20 per individual, or a $5 donation as a spectator allows you to get drink specials starting at 1:30 pm. The tournament is to raise money for the Arlington Young Democrats, and you can win 6 tickets to Atlantic City on September 19. More information/registration at ActBlue.
- Take a docent led tour of the Corcoran Gallery’s highlights as part of their free summer Saturdays.
- Out of FoBo: Spike’d Sundays continue at the Capitol Skyline Hotel Pool (10 I Street SW). Hosted by Chef Spike Mendehlson of Top Chef & Good Stuff Eatery fame, $10 gets you in, use of the facilities, and a free burger (or veggie burger), presumably grilled by Spike himself. He also DJs. The event starts at noon, but this week at 8 pm, there will be a screening of Anchorman. Cocktails $5, Miller Lites $4.
- Also out of FoBo: Cork Wine Bar is hosting a complimentary French wine tasting. If you’re interested, RSVP by today (Friday, August 14) at email@example.com. Also, be over 21.